Posts Tagged Coppell hail
April 4, 2012
South Texas was hit with a massive hail storm this week. What looked like snow was actually hail! CLC Roofing’s emergency team was in the air to McAllen early Tuesday morning to survey the damage. Below are pictures…
CLC Roofing is, of course, back in the Metroplex today surveying damage in Coppell, Lancaster, Desoto and various other areas from yesterday’s storm. Whether you were a victim in McAllen or in the DFW metroplex, CLC Roofing is available to help you with your storm damage needs from insurance claims to a new roof. Contact us today at 1-800-810-2510.
October 12, 2011
A CLC Roofing Client's New Wood Shake Roof
An attractive and unique roof can add value to your home’s drive up appeal. That is one of key reasons that consumers consider wood shake shingles for their roof. However, it is important that you understand the pros and cons of using wood shake when planning your roof purchase.
The pros of Wood Shake Shingles are listed below:
- Unique and Attractive: Because wood varies in color and thickness, there are a variety of ways that your roof can stand out with wood shakes. Depending on the pattern used on the roof and thickness of shingles, a wood shake roof can be one of the most unique features of your home.
- Energy Efficient: Wood shingles allow a house to breathe by allowing air circulation beneath the shingles while still providing proper insulation. A properly installed wood shake roof should allow air flow in and out of the house letting fresh air in and toxins out while keeping your energy bills low.
- Eco-Friendly: Wood shakes are biodegradable and when the time comes to replace shingles or the roof, you can rest assured that you aren’t filling landfills with roofing materials that will sit there for years. In addition, there are recyclable shingles on the market giving you additional options in making a “green choice.”
- Long Lasting: With proper maintenance, your wood shake roof should last many years. Frequent roof checks are an important part of this maintenance and a service that CLC Roofing is happy to provide.
- Fire Retardant: Certain wood shake shingles are pressure treated to meet the National Fire Safety Standards. By using these shingles, your roof and home could be spared extensive damage in the tragic case of a house fire.
A Properly Installed Wood Shake Project by CLC Roofing
There are some cons to using Wood Shake Shingles that all customers should consider. Below are the two main drawbacks:
- Installation Cost: Proper installation of wood shakes takes skill and time. It is important to use a skilled roofer that will do an appropriate job and not a fly by night roofer looking to make a quick sale. CLC Roofing’s long standing reputation and list of happy consumers testifies to their ability to help you with your wood shake roofing project.
- Maintenance: As with anything worth having, a small amount of maintenance can go a long way. Wood shake shingles can be prone to wood rot, mold and insects. Regular roof checks can often catch these problems before they become larger ones. Remember that your roof is a large investment for you home, it shouldn’t be ignored.
CLC Roofing knows that a happy customer is an informed customer. If you have any questions about wood shake shingles or desire a free roof evaluation, call CLC today at 1-800-810-2510.
June 2, 2011
Recent storms that tore through the metroplex last week have kept CLC Roofing extremely busy, but it is important that whether you are a current CLC client, past CLC client or were just affected by the hail and strong winds that you call CLC Roofing and have your roof checked. Below are some pictures of roof damage from the recent storms. This could be YOUR roof. Don’t delay! Leaks cause moisture which causes mold in the heat and humidity of the summer! Make sure your roof is secure-call CLC Roofing.
House in Cottonwood Valley, Irving.
Warped shingles from wind damage.
Damage around flashing for ventilation can cause leaks.
A shingle ripped off from high winds.
Don’t let this be your roof! Call CLC Roofing at 800-810-2521.
May 26, 2011
CLC Roofing has been inundated with phone calls from existing and new customers with regard to the recent severe thunderstoms, hail and tornadoes that ripped through North Texas on Tuesday evening. Below is a map showing the areas hardest hit with hail.
Some of the hardest areas hit by indication of the map are found in the Irving/Mid Cities areas, but Downtown and Park Cities saw their fair share of damage as well. CLC Roofing is working around the clock to accomodate all of their customer’s needs and ensuring that all damage is assessed in a timely manner.
If you were hit by hail and fear that the damage may be significant, call CLC Roofing for a reliable and timely assesment of your roof’s needs BEFORE the next storm hits. Leaking roofs only lead to larger problems like sheetrock damage and mold. Don’t let this be you! CLC Roofing is here to help!
CLC Roofing 800-810-2521.
May 17, 2011
Commercial building owners have a unique set of issues when dealing with a roof purchase. Probably the most common is that often commerical buildings have flat roofs. Flat roofs offer a unique set of problems when dealing with water and hail and they are very prone to leaks. That is why it is very important to do your research and understand the best options for your roofing needs.
Traditionally, built up roofs have been the mainstay for commercial buildings with flat roofs. A built up roof has multiple layers of a roll type base material with hot asphalt applied in between them. A layer of gravel is added to the top layer to shield the roofing material from the sun. Although this is the least expensive option, it is also no better than a short term solution and prone to leaks.
An energy efficient and virtually leak proof solution for flat roofs are PVC membranes. PVC membranes are made from a very flexible vinyl similar to rubber. When installed properly, they are considered hail resistant and custom flashings for every piece of the roofing material greatly reduces the chances of leaks. Many of the PVC membranes come in white which reflect heat and many of them are Energy Star rated.
PVC membranes come in various size rolls which are either glued down or mechanically attached with screws and washers. Then, the seams are heat welded together to form one big seamless membrane. Applying the PVC over insulation board adds to the energy efficiency of your business and keeps it virtually leak free. Another advantage of PVC membrane is that with its quick and easy installation, the roofing process will do little to interfere with the day to day operations for your business.
Contact CLC Roofing today for an evaluation on your business’ roof to see what roofing option is best for you. CLC Roofing 800-810-2521.
May 12, 2011
Here is a list of questions to ask a prospective contractor including the answers that you should expect.
Ask the following questions:
1. Do you have general liability insurance? Can I see a copy or verify that it is indeed active? It is very important that your roofer have this insurance as a protection for you, the homeowner.
2. How many roofs have you done in the area? Do you have references? May I call them? Take the time to call these references and ask them about their roofing experience.
3. Do you have any complaints filed at the Better Business Bureau? Regardless of their answer, you can verify this information by visiting the Better Business Bureau. Click here to find out more.
4. When will I be expected to pay for the job? The contractor should reply, “An initial payment will be due, when we have the materials or have placed the order for the materials (some materials like slate, tile, etc. are special order with no return policy).” The contractor should not expect final payment until all the work is completed.
5. Can you help me with my insurance claim? Part of a roofing company’s job should be to help homeowners with their insurance claims. That is why CLC Roofing has licensed insurance adjusters who can help the homeowner navigate the insurance claim process.
In addition, it is important to know your rights when purchasing a roof. Insurance companies often encourage homeowners to get multiple bids merely as a delay tactic while they schedule an adjuster to come evaluate the roofs. However, it isn’t necessary for you to go this route. Waiting around on multiple contractors can be a waste of your time. It is important to know that if you have a trusted roofing company that has answered all of your questions, the insurance company is required to pay the appropriate market value for a quality roofing job in your area.
Furthermore, many homeowners become nervous about raised premiums or a canceled insurance policy from filing a roof claim. Insurance premiums are not raised or lowered based on bad weather in your area. Insurance companies can’t raise premiums based on acts of God/Mother Nature nor can they cancel policies. Homeowners should understand that insurance premiums are regulated by the State Board of Insurance in Austin, TX not by your specific insurance company based on claims.
CLC Roofing knows that replacing a roof can lead to a lot of questions which is why we are committed to giving you the knowledge necessary for a successful roof replacement. Please call our office at 800-810-2521 with any questions or to schedule your free roof assessment today.
May 4, 2011
It’s the beginning of May, and the spring thunderstorm season is well underway in North Texas. Sunday night, golf ball sized hail hit areas of the Park Cities and East Dallas. Golf ball sized hail can produce significant damage to your roof. If you experienced hail damage, your first call should be to CLC Roofing. As licensed insurance adjusters, we can asses your roof and any damage using the same software used by insurance companies. Furthermore, we take the headache out of a roofing insurance claim because we can help you through that process as well. With long standing relationships with insurance companies, our professional and courteous sales team is here to help you turn the nightmare of hail damage into finding you the roofing solution of your dreams.
Below is a map of the areas hardest hit with hail. Was your home hit? Are you unsure? Perhaps you missed the latest deluge of rain and hail, but one thing is certain, we are just seeing the beginning of these strong Texas storms. A roofing assessment prior to any damage might be wise. CLC Roofing is a licensed contractor with the City of Dallas and is accredited with the Better Business Bureau.
Please call CLC Roofing for all your roofing needs. We have licensed insurance adjusters on call to asses your roof today!
CLC Roofing 800-810-2521.
May 2, 2011
Many homeowners are overwhelmed by the idea of a new roof for one reason-the cost! Yes, replacing a roof can be an expensive endeavor even with insurance covering the majority of the costs. Some disreputable roofers prey on homeowners promising them a “free” roof in exchange for advertising and promise to waive their insurance deductible. Sadly, this practice is not only illegal but puts the homeowners at risk for insurance fraud which is a felony!
So what should you be aware of before hiring a roofing contractor? First, know your deductible. This is the amount of money out of pocket that you will be required to pay for your new roof. The amount varies depending on your policy. If the deductible is something that you can’t pay outright, a reputable roofing company might give you financing options, but regardless of how it is paid, your insurance company will see this deductible. A less reputable company will find some way to “waive” this deductible but that puts you at risk for fraud since the insurance company expects you to be responsible for paying your deductible!
Things that you should watch out for when your roofer claims that you don’t need to pay a deductible.
1. Look at your invoice. Does it state clearly that the deductible was “waived” or “discounted?” It is illegal for the roofer to not disclose this information because the amount of the deductible determines how much the insurance company will pay for the roof.
2. Is your roofer offering an advertising agreement in exchange for your business and claiming that you won’t need to pay a deductible? The roofer is committing insurance fraud if he claims that he collected your deductible when in fact he has not. What is worse? By allowing this roofer to do this, you are committing insurance fraud as well, a felony!
3. If your roofer is willing to cut corners to make a profit at the expense of the insurance company, they are likely to cut corners on your roof as well to maximize the profit. Is that a risk that you are willing to take?
When looking for a roofing contractor with integrity and a long standing relationship with the Better Business Bureau as well as many happy customers, look no further than CLC Roofing. Our tradition of providing our customers with quality roofs and working hand in hand with insurance companies provides you with a piece of mind that you can trust.
CLC Roofing-quality-integrity and solid roofs! Call today for a roofing assessment. 800-810-2521. Click on Freeroofscam.org for more information!
April 29, 2011
Recent hail storms ravaged most of the metroplex, but perhaps you were one of the fortunate ones that was spared from the storms. So why should you consider a new roof? After all, if it isn’t broken, why fix it? That may be true, however, impact resistant shingles offer more than just protection from hail, but a long term investment that protects the value of your roof and home.
What is impact resistant roofing? Specifically, it is a specially designed roofing material that resists impact. The varied materials offered as a choice in impact resistant roofing have met a certain standard of resistance through rigorous tests. In fact, the manufacturers are so confident in their ability to withstand hail damage that they come with a forty year plus warranty. How is that for a long term guarantee against hail damage?
Living in North Texas, impact resistant shingles aren’t a luxury, but a necessity. In fact, many insurance companies recognize this and offer significant discounts to homeowners who take initiative to protect their most valuable asset. When considering impact resistant shingles, it is important to contact your insurance company to find out what discounts they might offer.
CLC Roofing is here to make your roofing purchase as seamless as possible from educating you on the style and material options available to working with your insurance company should a claim need to be filed. With a proven track record and industry knowledge, CLC Roofing is the company to contact when it comes to your roofing needs.
Contact CLC Roofing today to schedule your roofing evaluation. 1-800-810-2521
April 20, 2011
They like to say that if you don’t like the weather in Texas, wait a while…it will change. Texas weather can be unpredicatable, but one thing that you can count on is that with spring thunderstorms, hail is on the horizon. Another thing that you can count on is the team of licensed and insured CLC Roofing contractors at the ready to assist your family with your roofing needs.
Hail storms have been frequent and hard hitting throughout the metroplex, and CLC Roofing has been at the forefront in helping homeowners with everything from dealing with insurance adjusters to finding the right roofing solution for their family and home. Have you had your home checked?
Often people take comfort in small hail pellets or a brief hail shower that likely didn’t “do much damage.” However, the age and condition of your roof is the deciding factor on whether or not the hail has done damage or not. After a hail storm, it is always wise to call CLC Roofing and have a professional assess your roof for damage. It could be as simple as replacing a few shingles or the damage could be more significant, CLC Roofing can guide you in making a smart decison to protect your most valuable asset-your home.
Hail Damage from Recent Storm
A new roof isn’t a luxury, it is a necessity when there is damage. Insurance companies understand this, and they also know that new roof protects a home from many other hidden issues that could cost the insurance company money in claims. This is one of the many reasons why insurance companies replace roofs after a hail storm. Dealing with an insurance claim doesn’t have to be a headache. It is as simple as giving CLC Roofing a call. We work hand in hand with insurance companies, and we can handle all of your insurance claim needs.
The Circles Indicate Damage
Don’t let another hail storm pass over without calling CLC Roofing to check your roof! It will be the smartest phone call that you ever make! CLC Roofing 800-810-2521
« Previous Entries